‘I know I’ll be on the grid next year’ – Hadjar ‘very confident’ about his future in F1
With the exception of Max Verstappen, Red Bull and Racing Bulls have yet to reveal their 2026 lineups.

Isack Hadjar has revealed he knows he will be racing on the Formula 1 grid next season, with his only remaining options being another year at Racing Bulls or a promotion to the senior Red Bull team.
There has been plenty of discussion surrounding Red Bull's second seat alongside Max Verstappen, with Yuki Tsunoda replacing Liam Lawson alongside the four-time World Champion after just two rounds of the 2025 season.
While Tsunoda has struggled for consistency, picking up just 25 points since he was promoted, rookie driver Hadjar has shone at various points for Racing Bulls, leading many to believe a switch to Red Bull for 2026 could be on the cards.
With the lineup reported to be confirmed before the end of the triple header in Abu Dhabi, the French racer appeared nonchalant about his future prospects when interviewed in Qatar.
“Last year I didn’t really know if I was going to F1, and now I know I’ll be on the grid next year," he said. “Already, it’s a big step.
“I’m very happy. It finally ends all the questions! I’m very confident. I think I’ve had a very good year.”

Bouncing back from a crash on his first formation lap in Formula 1, Hadjar has gone on to amass 51 points, taking him into the top 10 in the Standings as the second highest scoring rookie.
He claimed an impressive podium finish in Zandvoort and has built on his experience in Formula 2 to put himself in contention for the remaining free seat at Red Bull.
Asked how he feels about how the top team will perform amid the new regulations next season – with Red Bull building their own power units from 2026 onwards in partnership with Ford – he replied: “I know the engine is working. You’re in the unknown – you don’t know what Mercedes, Ferrari have built.
“The thing is, there’s no reason for it not to be competitive so I’m going to be optimistic and say it’s a good engine.”

With two races of the season to go, Hadjar’s main focus is still on securing the best possible results for Racing Bulls, no matter which team he will race for in the future. He currently has a two-point advantage over Nico Hulkenberg and Carlos Sainz, but his sights are firmly set on ending the year in the top 10.
He said: “If I end up on the podium and Alex Albon finishes with no points then maybe eighth is the target, but that’s not going to happen.
“I'm very confident heading into this weekend – that doesn’t mean that we’re going to be fast, it’s just a feeling. On paper, I would say the car is going to be flying here. Maybe we’re wrong, maybe there’s something we’re missing, but I’d like to think it’s the case.”
.webp)
Next Up
Related Articles
Antonelli calls Las Vegas his ‘best race of the season’
What the teams said – Sprint Qualifying in Qatar
FIA Team Principals press conference – Qatar
Tsunoda offers 'support' to Verstappen in title battle
Friday DebriefCan Piastri continue his comeback in Qatar?
AS IT HAPPENED: Piastri claims Sprint pole in Qatar